Chicago in the summer is the epitome of perfection – or so I thought before I stepped foot inside the Fairlie for the first time for Gen and Mike’s wedding. Now I can confidently rephrase – there’s nothing more perfect than a classic black tie summer wedding in the heart of Chicago.
Every single aspect of their day was beyond stunning – from the sculptural florals that dripped in babies breath and orchids to the small family heirlooms integrated into the details of the day, to the spacious and gorgeous getting ready room at the Hoxton Hotel to the trolley ride to the board of trade for portraits that was SO worth it, despite the heat, the day was full of beauty and classic, editorial romance vibes.
No one can argue that the day itself was absolutely beautiful. But the biggest takeaway from this wedding? All the little moments where love and laughter poured from Gen and Mike to each other and their family and friends that finally surrounded them after a wedding that was years in the making.
The top 10 best moments:
1. Mike loving his new Ray Ban’s (a gift from Gen herself) so much he kept them on for portrait time and dodging Chicago traffic!
2. That first look reaction which was so stinking precious I can not.
3. The wedding party dropping their best dance moves (pretty sure NSYNC was playing) and taking the summer heat like champs.
4. Mike’s face when he sees his WIFE walking down the aisle
5. Gen & Mike read their vows and they both say “it was always you” which was the theme for the day.
6. The walls of Fairlie literally shaking as the whole crowd cheered because heck yes they are married!
7. Grandma swiping champagne from the cutest champagne cart ever. Also can we talk about her dress?! She told me she bought it because she didn’t want to look like a grandma and she is killing’ it.
8. Portrait time where Gen said a sort of dirty word that I won’t repeat here 😉
9. The cool kids welcoming you to the most stunning and gorgeous reception ever
10. Genevieve and Dad laughing because they thought their dance was done and started to break away, only to have the music keep going.
Gen and Mike, thank you for the best day ever – I mean it. You two were one for the books and such an inspiration. Seriously can’t wait to watch how you take on the world. All the love – M&M
VENUE: Fairlie Chicago, The Hoxton Chicago
PLANNER/COORDINATOR: Ohana Events
DRESS: Sarah Seven
FLORALS: Romee Willow Florals
H&M: Livia Caporale & Rachel Khuon
TUX: The Black Tux
CATERING: Cocina Fusion
PHOTOGRAPHER: Indigo Lace Collective