Industrial venues and wedding themes are the new trend and I am NOT mad about it. Most of these venues have amazing window light and tons of moody texture which is pure heaven for a photographer like myself. Benefits for you? A blank slate to go wild with decor, not having to coordinate with ugly reception hall carpet, and lots of good light and character that comes through even if the weather on your wedding date doesn’t.
I could list WAY more than five of these venues that are nestled in Chicago, but I’ll start here!
- Salvage One – Cute marquee lights + TONS of quirky and eclectic antiques for your guests to browse during cocktail hour. There’s three whole floors of exploration and the Chicago sign outside the building makes for great romantic night shots!
- Lacuna Lofts – GORGEOUS rooftop deck for a ceremony or wedding party shots. Check out the awesome neon signs sprinkled throughout too, like the awesome Liquor sign!
- Loft Lucia – Lucia has a cleaner, bit more modern vibe with an amazing rooftop deck and giant windows/doors that allow for maximum air flow and a even more spacious event space.
- Ravenswood Event Center – This place is HUGE and has a fun set of classic cars on the first floor for guests to browse during cocktail hour! Three floors are offered for rental options and the Atrium & Loft has an amazing set of windows that are the perfect backdrop for the ceremony. This venue is the epitome of pure Chicago!
- Gallery 1028 – Market lights galore and the high ceilings make this place cozy but crazy elegant at the same time. Talk about a blank canvas to do anything you wanted with. They have a few stunning sister venues too just in case they’re booked for your date!
I almost don’t want to stop because I could list SO many more venues, but I’ll let you explore a bit first! If you already have a venue, check out these resources for your next step in the wedding journey!